When you take a vacation, do you prefer to take a break from cooking too? You’re not alone! I have several clients out of state that hire me to prepare meals while they’re away from home. Have you ever considered hiring a personal chef in this capacity?
Vacation with a Personal Chef!
I’m really excited about an out-of-state client that hired me as their personal chef while they’re on vacation in Pebble Beach this June. Four couples will be flying to California from Louisiana and have hired me to prepare three dinners plus daily breakfasts. They have also graciously offered for me to stay with them at their rental house; it will be overlooking the 14th fairway at the Pebble Beach Golf Club.
Here are just two of the dinner menus I’m planning. We’ll also have appetizers and champagne before the main meals are served:
Southwest-Style Chef’s Menu
- New Mexican Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Mexican Chili Sauce and Cilantro Oil
- Creamy Polenta with Cotija Cheese
- Roasted Asparagus Salad with Toasted Pecans, Blue Cheese and Red Chile-Mustard Vinaigrette
- Warm Chocolate Soufflé Cakes with Dolce De Leche
Four-Course Dinner for Eight
First Course – Starter Sampler:
- Chilled Tomato Gazpacho
- Puff Pastry with Fresh Corn Pesto
- Grilled Oysters with Mango Salsa, Horseradish and Chili
Second Course – Mary’s Caesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Romaine, Fresh-Made Croutons, Parmesan Cheese, Grilled Cajun-Spiced-Shrimp and Homemade Caesar Dressing
Third Course – Main Entrée and Sides:
- Grilled Fillet Mignon with Bacon
- Gorgonzola Butter
- Potato Gratin
- Sautéed Greens with Lemon and Garlic
Fourth Course – Dessert:
Mary Hathaway, Owner of Dinner Diva, has been a personal chef since 2002. She cooks regularly for clients who have special dietary needs, value healthy cooking by using organic products where possible and those who want healthy family meals but have no time to cook. Whether it’s a dinner for 4, a holiday party for 20, or a set of meals for the week, all of the recipes are customized to her client’s needs or lifestyle. Go to: Dinner-Diva.com for more info.